See why experts recommend cryotherapy for pain management instead of traditional methods
Chill cryotherapy plunges your body in freezing air vapor that induces a false state of hypothermia. Your body reacts accordingly, going into “fight or flight” mode and triggers the release of anti-inflammatory enzymes and endorphins into your bloodstream. These then force your blood to rush to your core as your body attempts to warm up your temperature and keep it ideal for all bodily functions.
These mechanisms are just some of the ways in which cryotherapy for pain management and encourages wellness in the body. Keep reading to find out just how cryotherapy treats pain and other issues.
Pain Relief and Management
- Cryotherapy reduces both local and systematic types of inflammation through the brain’s process of releasing endorphins and anti-inflammatory enzymes into the blood. Inflammation is a major source of chronic illnesses and pain, and this is greatly reduced with the cryotherapy process.
- Cryotherapy also triggers the release of a specific endorphin called norepinephrine, which is an analgesic. This means it is a natural painkiller and works to ease muscle soreness, inflammation, and other types of pain.
- Moreover, you also experience pain-gate and dermatomal confusion. This is when cold sensors in your skin travel to your brain, beating pain sensors. Therefore, the feeling of pain is reduced. This type of dermatomal confusion can be explained by the sensation you get when you apply a cold vapor rub on your skin. The feeling of pain competes with another sensation of feeling cold, which distracts from the pain itself.
Some Other Specific Conditions
Not only does cryotherapy target generalized and symptomatic pain, but it also takes care of specific conditions. Some of these conditions are:
- Auto-Immune disorders
- Chronic fatigue and lethargy
- Lyme disease
- Tendonitis, joint inflammation, and bursitis
- Degenerative diseases of the bones, joints, and spine
- Mood disorders
- Hormonal disorders and imbalances
- Skin issues and disorders like Acne, Psoriasis, etc
Keep in mind that when you sign up for cryotherapy, your therapist will check and consult with you. They will then devise a custom-made plan based on your objectives, issues, and medical factors. You will be able to find solutions for the above-listed problems as well as many others.
For all your cryotherapy needs, visit our office in Bartonville, Texas. Call (940) 218-4016.