Learn 5 effective ways on how to build muscle mass naturally
In the human body, multiple tissues are grouped together to form muscles. Muscles act as a source of power and enable the body to perform various tasks such as lifting objects, typing, pumping of heart and contraction of lungs, etc. Greater muscle mass means more power and an increased ability to perform different strenuous activities.
To build more muscle mass naturally, one should eat a protein-rich diet and perform certain targeted exercises. Scientific calculations suggest that 2800 calories are needed to build one pound of muscle. The energy is needed to support protein turnover i.e. to create a balance between protein synthesis and degeneration.
Let us take a look at some effective tips for increasing your muscle density.
Have a Protein-Rich Breakfast
Breakfast is the first meal of the day. Your metabolism is most efficient in the morning after you wake up from a good night’s sleep. Having a hearty, protein-rich breakfast will keep you energized for rest of the day and keep you full till it is time for your next snack. Aim for the following foods in your breakfast:
- Turkey sausage and egg sandwich
- Salmon bagel
- Cottage cheese toast
- Oats with nuts
- Chocolate and peanut butter protein shake
Eat Small Portions of Food After Every Three Hours
To gain more muscle mass and less fat, eat small portions of food after every three hours or so. This keeps the metabolism high and keeps you feeling full throughout the day. When we don’t consume food for several hours, we tend to overeat during our next meal. Hunger pangs also cause us to give up and reach for junk food from the nearest vending machine. Eat healthy snacks like fruits and vegetables in between the three major meals of the day i.e. breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Make Protein A Part of All Your Meals
To gain muscle mass, you need to consume 1g of protein per 454g of your body weight. The best way to meet this limit is by consuming a sizeable portion of whole protein with every meal of the day. Including the following healthy sources of protein will help you achieve your goal for the day:
- Red meat, beef, and lamb
- Chicken, duck, turkey
- Shrimps, prawns, tuna, mackerel
- Yogurt, milk, cheese
- Lentils, tofu, seeds, and nuts
Consume Carbs After Working Out
- Carbohydrates are the primary source of energy. When we consume more carbs than necessary, the sugar converts into fat and is stored in our bodies as a deposit of fat. For speedy conversion of carbs to energy, it is better to consume them after a session of exercise. The metabolism is quite high after a workout session which results in faster conversion of carbohydrates to energy and leaves lesser room for their conversion to fat.
Consume Healthy Fats
- Healthy sources of fat such as soymilk, tofu, fatty fish, sunflower, and pumpkin seed, etc digest slowly. They help build muscle mass and regulate important body functions.
Adopting the above-mentioned habits will help you gain muscle mass naturally. To speed up your target of having a healthy, lean, and fit body, you can also opt for Emsculpt. This procedure uses high-intensity electromagnetic technology to stimulate muscles. The simulation results in faster growth of muscles. With Emsculpt, you can get those abs in a short time.
For more information on Emsculpt, contact Ucryo & Recovery. We provide services in Bartonville, Texas. Call us at (940) 218-4016.