Here is the answer to the most common FAQs About Cryotherapy
The progress in medical science and research and development has revealed the therapeutic effects of different naturally occurring elements. Scientists are studying the use of ice or exposure to extremely cold temperatures to achieve multiple health benefits. This form of treatment is known as cryotherapy. It is used for pain management, weight loss, achieving healthy skin, and enriching the body with oxygen and nutrients.
If you are considering undergoing cryotherapy, it is important to learn more and more about it. Listed below are the most common FAQs about cryotherapy. So read on.
How is Cryotherapy Performed?
- During this procedure, the body is exposed to extremely cold temperatures of -130 to -184 degrees Fahrenheit for one to three minutes. Whole-body cryotherapy is performed in a cryosauna which is a specialized chamber for cold therapy. After stepping into a cryosauna, the body experiences a blast of extremely cold nitrogen gas that reduces the body’s temperature.
As a result of this blast of cold, the body’s central nervous system gets activated. It releases endorphins which are feel-good hormones. They help combat depression anxiety and aid in pain relief and management.
- Another benefit of cryotherapy is that when the body is exposed to cold temperatures, the blood vessels shrink and the blood circulation is sped up to keep the organs warm. As a result, the body receives oxygen and nutrients in higher than normal doses. This helps in cell regeneration, reduces inflammation, and removes toxins from the body.
What Are The Uses of Cryotherapy?
Cryotherapy is commonly practiced by athletes for faster pain management, muscle, and injury recovery. Other patients use it for increasing energy levels and for the removal of toxins from the body. Cryotherapy is practiced to achieve the following results:
- Management of depression and improving mental wellbeing
- Treating joint and muscle soreness
- Relieving stress and fatigue
- Increasing libido
How to Dress up For a Cryotherapy Session?
Dress up light for the session because most of your garments and accessories will be removed before undergoing the session. Ladies should wear a sports bra that does not have any metal clasps or underwire. Patients are required to remove their garments and underwear and put on the following accessories that are provided by the clinic:
- Thermal socks
- Rubber booties
- Gloves with a robe
Is it Similar to Taking An Ice Bath?
- No, it is a lot more effective treatment. If you take an ice bath, your body will be subjected to sudden bone-chilling freezing cold. Whereas during cryotherapy, the vaporized nitrogen delivers a much controlled superficial chill. Also, ice baths are usually run for 20 minutes, while cryotherapy can be performed in under 3 minutes.
Does Cryotherapy Deliver Anti Aging Effects?
- Yes, the anti-aging effects of cryotherapy are well-researched. Many A-list celebrities have now included this treatment as a part of their anti-aging regimen. The rationale behind cryotherapy and anti-aging lies in the fact that this treatment helps in cellular regeneration, blood circulation, and collagen production. Collagen is the key element that gives skin plumpness and a youthful appearance.
All these factors contribute to youthful skin and appearance. Regular sessions of cryotherapy can deliver potential anti-aging benefits and keep your skin supple and wrinkle-free.
If you are considering cryotherapy treatment we recommend you to look up the services offered by Ucryo & Recovery. Our estheticians are highly expert in performing several types of cryotherapy treatments. Call us on 940 218 4016. We provide services in Bartonville, TX, and nearby areas.