Therapists near you describes the benefits of cryotherapy facial in simple words
Advancements in modern technology have paved the way for different techniques to rejuvenate skin and reverse the signs of aging. Cryotherapy facial is one such technique. It is a somewhat bizarre and unconventional technique that involves submerging one’s face in subfreezing temperatures. Also known as frotox, it has garnered much popularity among beauty enthusiasts because it delivers promising results.
How Do Cryotherapy Facials Work?
Dr. Toshima Yamaguchi first developed the cryotherapy technique in 1978 to treat rheumatoid arthritis. More in-depth research indicated that cryotherapy can also be used to treat body inflammation, tissue pain, psoriasis and may help rejuvenate the skin.
During a cryo facial, liquid nitrogen is pumped onto the face with the help of a machine-operated device. This process reduces the temperature of the face which gives the following positive results:
- Skin is brightened
- Pores are tightened and they become less visible
- The appearance of fine lines and age spots is reduced
What is The Science of Cryo Facials?
The rationale behind cryo facials is that when the face is subjected to immense cold temperatures, it experiences an increased flow of blood and oxygen. This adds glow and plumpness resulting in the fading of wrinkles and marks and the tightness of pores. How does this happen? Let’s see.
- The blood vessels contract when they are exposed to intense cold temperatures. As a result, pores tighten. When the skin returns to normal temperature, the blood vessels expand rapidly. This quick expansion and contraction of blood vessels cause an increase in the flow of blood to the face, which does a lot of good to the skin.
Another benefit of the cryo facial is that it stimulates the natural healing mechanism of the body. When the body is subjected to freezing temperature, the blood gushes to the core of your body to keep it warm. As a result, the capillaries expand and white blood cells are stimulated which in turn protect the body. Alongside, the brain releases feel-good hormones such as adrenaline endorphins that invigorate your organs.
- As a result, cell rejuvenation is initiated that increases immunity and helps in the healing of the body.
How Does Cryo Facial Aid The Skin?
Helps Relieve the Symptoms of Atopic Dermatitis
- Atopic Dermatitis, also known as eczema, is a chronic skin disease. The skin becomes inflamed, red, and irritated. Cryo facials have proven to show mild to moderate levels of improvement in relieving the symptoms of Atopic Dermatitis. A study was conducted in 2008 in which 18 adults suffering from eczema were subjected to cryotherapy.
The symptoms of their disease were reduced which leads dermatologists to believe that cryotherapy can help heal this difficult disease.
Reduces Active Acne Breakouts
- Acne occurs due to the overproduction of sebum by the sebaceous glands. Cryotherapy can help regulate sebum production. A study was conducted on mice to study the effects of cryotherapy on sebum glands. It was observed that the number of sebocytes (sebum-producing cells) reduces drastically when sebaceous glands are exposed to below freezing temperatures of -8° Celsius.
This helps in the management of active acne breakouts.
Blood Circulation is Increased
- When the body is exposed to extremely cold temperatures, the blood vessels contract. They dilate when the body temperature returns to normal. Due to the contraction and expansion of blood vessels, blood circulation is improved. Increased circulation of blood delivers nutrients and antioxidants to the skin and keeps it plump and youthful-looking.
Skin Pores are Tightened
Cold temperature shrinks the facial pores which in turn prevents the dirt and bacteria from infecting the pores.
- This information has been brought to you by Ucryo & Recovery.