Here are 5 easy ways to improve blood circulation naturally
Proper blood circulation is crucial for optimal health. A well-functioning circulatory system ensures that the blood is delivering a continuous supply of oxygen throughout the body. This helps fight infections, keeps the brain active, heals wounds faster, and gives your complexion a healthy flush. Certain conditions can disrupt normal blood circulation thus causing complications. Here are a few ways to improve your blood circulation.
- In compression therapy, specially designed compression stockings are used. The use of compression stockings puts gentle pressure on the legs, thereby, squeezing the legs and causing the blood to flow faster. Compression stockings are usually made of an elastic garment and aim to stretch veins that improve overall circulation. The efficacy of compression therapy increases when combined with movement.
When a person walks it activates the calf muscles and the compression pumps blood towards the heart. Along with improving blood circulation, compression therapy also provides other incredible benefits.
- There are several benefits of exercise for the mind and body. Mild to moderate-intensity exercise can go a long way when it comes to keeping your circulatory system healthy. All sorts of exercises can improve blood flow. For instance, walking with compression socks dilates the blood vessels which improves the blood flow to the entire body. In the same way, yoga is a low-impact exercise that brings oxygen to your cells and then sends the blood to the rest of the organs.
Different positions in yoga help to shift the blood from the lower body to the heart and brain. Experts recommend 30 minutes of moderate exercise at least 5 days a week.
Here is how you can incorporate exercises into your daily routine:
- Walking with friends or family after dinner.
- Biking or running in the neighborhood.
- Walk dogs by volunteering at a shelter.
- Schedule a proper time for exercise.
More Fruits And Vegetables
- A generous serving of leafy green vegetables and fruits not only plays a substantial role in lowering blood sugar, blood pressure, and plaque formation but also boosts blood flow. Adding more fruits and veggies to your dietary regimen increases the intake of nitrates along with other healthy compounds in your diet. These nitrates are then converted to nitric oxide in the body. Nitric oxide is a chemical that causes blood vessels to relax. This results in improved blood flow.
The colorful fruits and vegetables including spinach, beets, carrots, kale, oranges, pomegranate, and watermelon are rich in nitric oxide converter. Therefore it is a wise idea to add a variety of fruits and veggies to your plate.
- Massage is another great way to improve blood circulation. A massage can relax your body and bring you relief from stress. Additionally, it can improve the blood flow by stimulating the movement of lymph and blood through your limbs. Not just that, a massage can also help reduce pain by causing the blood to flow faster in the targeted area.
When the lymph flows smoothly through the lymph vessels, the phenomenon improves blood circulation. This reduces the risk of infections.
- About half the volume of blood consists of water. When you are well-hydrated the blood flows without disturbances. On the flip side. When you are not drinking enough fluids, the body becomes dehydrated. Dehydration decreases the amount of circulating blood and causes the retention of more sodium. Blood becomes thick which makes it harder for the circulatory system to keep it moving throughout the body. The benefits of drinking water are beyond thirst so make sure you are drinking a lot of it.
Compression therapy is a highly effective and clinically proven method of improving blood circulation. UCryo & Recovery provides non-invasive dynamic compression therapy that will help take care of your problems. Book an appointment at 940-218-4016 or visit our clinic in Bartonville, Texas.